Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the sole intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lot’s of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.
nicki in the background
oHMYGOD taylor’s like “i feel you bro you call them out on their shit” and nicki’s like “gurl he means you”
does anyone else see the guy way back there. that guy that suddenly appears and points at taylor
it gets funnier each time it appears on my dash
PLUS THE FACT THAT THE CAMERA WENT TO TAYLOR OTHER THAN ANY OTHER CELEBRITY
I want to die too, many times, if not all the time. I’m glad you could never kill yourself. You deserve better than that, and suicide is not the answer. It never is. Just as how self harm is never the answer.
There are plenty enough reasons for you to keep on living. I know you probably don’t want to hear them, I personally never did and still don’t. But I am going to tell you some anyways.
- Think of the people you’re going to meet.
- Think of all the places you haven’t visited yet.
- Think of all the bands you have never listened to yet.
- Think of all the live shows of your favorite band you’ll go to.
- Think of the person that might fall in love with you tomorrow.
- Think of all the new music your favorite band might record tomorrow.
- Think of that person that will fall in love with you, holding out a ring, asking you to share the rest of your life with him/her.
- Think of all the people you might become friends with.
- Think of your favorite song and how you never want to stop listening to it.
- Think of all the stupid useless video games you haven’t played yet.
- Think of all the movies you haven’t seen yet.
- Think of all the books you still want to read.
- Think of all the fears you still have to overcome, cause you will overcome them and it will be the greatest feeling ever.
- Think of all the pies you’re going to eat, all the ice creams, all the cookies, everything.
- Think of the people that will miss you, and would never forget you if you were gone.
- Think of how much you’re worth. You’re worth a lot, you’re important.
And this is probably not even 10% of all the reasons why you should never give up on living. Let me just leave you with that, this picture, and some lyrics that got me though some of my bad days;
For all the air that’s in your lungs
For all the joy that is to come
For all the things that you’re alive to feel
Just let the pain remind you hearts can heal - Hate to see your heart break from Paramore
And the blood in these veins isn’t pumping any less than it ever has
And that’s the hope I have, the only thing I know that’s keeping me alive - Last hope from Paramore
Now the night is coming to an end,
The sun will rise and we will try again.
Stay alive, stay alive for me.
You will die, but now your life is free,
Take pride in what is sure to die. Truce from Twenty One Pilots
The only difference between life and dying
Is one is trying, that’s all we’re called to do
So try to love me and I’ll try to save you. - Lovely from Twenty One Pilots
Just think of the future,
And think of your dreams.
You’ll get away from here,
You’ll get away eventually. Future from Paramore
I’m really happy, but also kind of surprised this got so many notes. I love you guys, and I care, I might not be very smart or very helpful, but I’m always here if you need someone to listen <3
I’ve been wanting to do a giveaway for a longtime but wanted to wait until I hit 2k followers. Despite that, Sidestep sent me duplicates of what I ordered so I got to add that merch to what I already put aside for the giveaway, so I decided I might as well and post it now!
- Fall Out Boy White T-Shirt (Size XL)
- Fall Out Boy ‘We Are Wild’ Booty Shorts (Size XL) New
- Paramore Rubber Bracelet 2 Pack
- Paramore Cross Heart T-Shirt (Size 2XL - runs small)
- Panic! at the Disco Silver Logo T-Shirt (Size XL)
- Panic! at the Disco White T-Shirt (Size L)
- New Politics Floral Tank (Size L) New
- Panic! at the Disco The Gospel Tour T-Shirt (Size XL) New
- Panic! at the Disco ‘Are You Nasty’ Booty Shorts (Size M) New
- Panic! at the Disco Aztec Tank (Size XL) New
- Sorry to do this, but you must be following me
- No giveaway blogs
- Only reblogs count, but feel free to like it if you want to
- US only (I’m sorry!)
- This ends October 31st at 11 pm EST
- Have your ask box open so I can contact you if you win
- If you don’t respond in 24 hours, I’ll be choosing another winner
- The more you reblog, the higher chance you have of winning (just try not to spam your followers)
- The winner will be chosen randomly through a website
- If the winner does not want all the prizes, I’ll be giving the rest to a second winner.
That’s all! Message me if you have any questions. Good luck!!
The evolution of All Time Low videos. - requested by besideyu"Since their formation 11 years ago, this next band have been in the party scene and they’ve done some dirty work, but don’t panic, it’s nothing personal, in fact, it’s so wrong, it’s right. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for pup punk’s fortunate sons, ALL TIME LOW! “